Improving Pump Performance Throughout Your Entire Process System
We’ve partnered with global company BLACOH to bring you the three guarantees to improving pump performance throughout your entire process system.
SENTRY – Pulsation & Surge Control
Remove up to 99% of System Shock
Positive displacement pumps create destructive pulsation and hydraulic shock due to the reciprocating nature of their stroking action, potentially damaging piping and system components. SENTRY Pulsation Dampeners and Surge Suppressors remove virtually all system shock, enhancing the performance and reliability of fluid flow in municipal, industrial, sanitary and chemical transfer applications.
- Protect pumps, piping, valves, fittings, meters and in-line insturmentation from damaging pulsations, cavitation, thermal expansion, hydraulic shock and water hammer
- Prevent destructive pressure surges caused by pump startup
- Prevent hydraulic shock resulting from emergency valve closure and other equipment shutdown
- Prevent agitation, foaming, splashing and degradation of product
- Ensure accuracy, longevity and repeatability of flow meters and pressure gauges
- Ensure a smooth steady flow in metering and chemical injection processes
- Ensure uniform and continuous application in spraying and coating processes
- Ensure proper measurement, flow and filling applications of __ and pharmaceutical products
- Ensure consistent flow when dosing, blending or proportioning process additives
- Ensure a smooth transfer of viscous or abrasive fluids
Protect Inlet System Components
Positive displacement pumps contain an inlet valve that alternately opens and closes, creating an acceleration and deceleration of fluid into the pump. SENTRY Inlet Stabilizers minimize these pressure fluctuations and acceleration head losses by preventing fluid column separation at the pump’s inlet. The patented “J” Model air control allows for pressure or vacuum settings and is adjustable for suction lift or positive inlet pump conditions (US Patent 6,089,837)
- Protects pumps, valves, diaphragms and pistons from excess stress and strain
- Protect inlet system components from vibration and fatigue
- Prevent premature system component failure and cavitation
- Prevent gauge damage due to vibration
- Ensure steady inlet flow conditions to extend pump diaphragm life
- Ensure complete chamber fill to maximize component service __
- Ensure accuracy of inlet side gauges
SENTRY Pulsation Dampeners, Surge Suppressors and Inlet Stabilizers come in a full range of chemically resistant materials for even the most corrosive applications. The simple, reliable design allows for quick installation and easy in-line maintenance. All SENTRY housings are made int he USA and each unit is tested at design pressure or higher to assure proper function and leak-free operation.
- Positive displacement pump discharge sizes from 1/8″ (3.18mm) to 6″ (152.4 mm)
- Temperature ranges from -60 degrees F to +400 degrees F (-51 degrees C to +204 degrees C). Pressure ranges up to 4000 psi (276 bar)
- Custom models available up to 100 gallons (378.5L) and 25,000 psi (1,724 bar)
- Sanitary and flow-through models available for biotech, pharmaceutical and food industries
SENTINEL: Diaphragm Seals & Valves
Protect and Isolate System Instrumentation
Without proper protection, process fluids regularly contaminate and damage in-line instrumentation. The strength and durability or SENTINEL Diaphragm Seals protect and isolate all forms of system instrumentation from the hazards of corrosive process fluids.
- Protect gauges and other pressure instrumentation from process fluid contamination and corrosion
- Prevent erratic pressure surges and clogging due to solids in process fluids
- Protect gauges from freezing and slurries
- Ensure gauge and switch accuracy
- Ensure accurate and consistent readings with corrosive or solids-laden fluids
SENTINEL Diaphragm Seals are easily installed, come in a variety or chemically resistant materials, and work in both pressure and vacuum conditions.
- Reduce costs by replacing expensive gauges with low-cost utility gauges
- Diaphragms and seal bodies unconditionally guaranteed
- Accuracy of +2% or better full deflection
- Pressure ranges to 1000 psi (68.95 bar)
- __” to 3/4″ (6.35 up to 19.05 mm) inlet ports
Protecting Against Pressure Damage, Preventing Siphoning and Ensure Stable Dosage Rates
SENTINEL diaphragm pressure relief valves are designed to continuously regulate fluid flow to protect pumping systems from over-pressure damage caused by defective equipment or a blockage in the pump system line.
SENTINEL diaphragm back pressure valves enhance system performance by applying a continuous back pressure to the system pump. Eliminating fluctuations in downstream pressure prevents siphoning and eliminates varying dosage rates, and the continuous back pressure ensures proper check valve operation in metering pumps when system pressure is too low.
- Robust machined construction
- Compact size for OEM applications
- Adjustable 10 to 250 psi (.69 to 17.24 bar)
- Optional 350 psi (24.13 bar) rated valve
- 3 Port, 2 Port and 90 degrees configuration
- Vulcanized PTFE/EPDM diaphragms
SPILLSTOP: Leak Containment System
Prevent Costly and Hazardous Spills When Pump Diaphragms Fail
Diaphragm failure in air operated diaphragm pumps allows process fluid to escape through the pump’s air exhaust port. Unmonitored, the spill can result in significant expense to your company due to lost product, hazardous material cleanup, EPA reporting and system downtime. SPILLSTOP’s patented design prevents hazardous and costly spills by capturing the expelled process fluid and automatically shutting down the pump. (US Patent 5,501,577)
- Fully pneumatic operation eliminates the need for dangerous electronics or unreliable batteries
- Warning alarm and automatic backup pump switchover
- Compatible with all AODD pumps with discharge sizes from 1/4″ (6.35 mm) to 4″ (101.6 mm)